Hardin Water Tower

Hardin-Central School

Christian Church

History of Old Hardin

Old Hardin was situated one-half mile east of the present town of Hardin. It had a Union Church, several houses, a store, a stage Coach Inn and a schoolhouse. Samuel Cole taught in 1838 and 1839 in the log schoolhouse one-fourth mile east of the present Hardin Cemetery. The Union Church was later moved to Hardin as people began to build houses in the new location about 1867. The location of the first railroad seemed to change the location of homes and business houses.

Source: Hardin, Missouri: A Centennial History (1870-1970)