Hardin Water Tower

Hardin-Central School

Christian Church

Colored Church

For many years Hardin had a colored church, near their school, erected on ground that was given and to be used for a church for religious purposes. The church was a white frame building with appropriately styled church windows and furnishings and of a fairly large size. Ministers were Baptist and Methodist, serving on alternate Sundays. Some who served were Rev. Charles Snowden, Swaney, Beale, Moon, Chandler, Robinson, Lovell, Ramsey, Saw, and Williams. After there were no services, closing school exercises and many funerals were held there. It was torn down about 1955.

Source: Hardin, Missouri: A Centennial History (1870-1970)